Saturday, July 7, 2012

Longer Still...

I really cant believe that we are already into July, summer is always so fast! As fast as summer is going I feel like our adoption process is so slow. A few weeks ago we received our monthly email from our agency and we were told that they wait process for a referral is now 15 months rather than 12-15 months. We also found out that once we do receive the referral and accept the wait time to travel will no longer be 5 weeks to 3 months but more like 5-6 months. Not gonna lie, I cried. I was just thinking about how much longer we are going to have to wait. I could get pregnant and have a 3- 4 month old baby and we would just be getting to travel to get our little one from Korea. WOW!! Adding on another 6-8 months just stinks!!!

I am pretty bummed for Greyson as well. He is turning 4 in a few months and realistically he will 5 before he gets a sibling. He could really use a playmate. The other day in the car he asked where "that baby" was. I asked him what baby and he said the one from Korea, "cause she is taking a long time to get here." I couldn't agree more! He melts my heart and I am so thankful for him. It's been a rough few weeks for me as I can't get my little one who lives around the world out of my mind. I am asking that you pray for us and for our baby.

 Ron keeps extremely busy at work, we are planning on taking a mini vacation to Kalamazoo to the zoo, I am growing a garden and we spend lots of time at the lake.For now we will continue to live life and enjoy our little boy So glad I serve a Faithful God who cares for my family and has a good plan in mind.  He is working all things out according to His Loving Kindness!

                                                  Greyson and I were in a wedding in June
                                                                    Cutest Ring Bearer
                                                                            Ron and I
                                                                Fourth of July Parade
                                                             Happy Birthday America
                                                                               Our Family

1 comment:

  1. A word of encouragement...when SAARS hit during our adoption process and we got pushed back many months as I too was crying a wise friend counseled me saying that we weren't waiting on an agency, or a policy, or someone's decisions....we were waiting for the exact baby God had ordained for us and that it would be in HIS timing. That helped put a different perspective on things. Yes...the waiting was still difficult but the anxiousness was gone in knowing that I was waiting for THE CHILD God had handpicked for our family. Mylee was worth the wait. Morgans had put their paper work in before we had for Mylee and then Vietnam shut down. God gave Gerry a similar word and the Morgans stayed the course...they brought Hannah home 2 years after Mylee came home. God is faithful even when it doesn't make sense to us. On the days that are so very frustrating...you can focus on the thoughts of what it will be like to hug and kiss and cuddle your new little treasure and know that at some point the frustration will be a very distant memory. :) Jesus...please comfort the Cooks and give them peace. Hold their new little treasure in the palm of your hand and give her divine favor. Put hope and peace in their hearts. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete